This short course gives delegates the knowledge and skills required to manage emergency evacuations at their place of work with regards to people with disabilities. This includes understanding of the law with regards to persons with disabilities, how to prepare personal emergency evacuation plans (PEEP’s) and how to assist persons with disabilities.
The course explains the ineffectiveness of some conventional means of escape measures for persons who have mobility, vision or hearing impairments and those with learning difficulties.
- Module 1: Laws relating to disabilities
- Module 2: Moral, legal and financial reasons to have disabled person evacuation training
- Module 3: Peep’s form (personal emergency evacuation plan)
- Module 4: What is a disability
- Module 5: Different types of disabilities
- Module 6: Managing persons with sensory impairment
- Module 7: Hearing impairment
- Module 8: Learning difficulties & mental illness
- Module 9: Mobility impairment
- Module 10: Means of escape for disabled persons
- Module 11: Theory of evacuation chair
- Module 12: Practical session: use of Evac chair
Guaranteed to go ahead
Unlike other providers, we guarantee your booked course will go ahead, regardless of the number of spaces filled. This gives you peace of mind that your training needs will be met.
Dates & Locations
Sorry, we currently have no open courses scheduled. To enquire about having this course delivered in-house for your company, click here.