Online blended learning course
The REHIS Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate is designed for managers, supervisors and chefs who require an in-depth knowledge of food hygiene. It explores the relationship between food hygiene, food poisoning and food spoilage. The course explores the legal, moral and financial costs associated with poor food hygiene.
Designed and moderated by the Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland, this certificate should be recognised by all environmental health officers in Scotland.
The more flexible blended learning option allows the delegate to complete the course material online and then visit our Glasgow test centre to complete the written exam at a time that suits them. Delegates receive online support from our qualified food safety trainers.
- Module 1: General Introduction
- Module 2: Bacteriology
- Module 3: Bacterial food poisoning and food borne infections
- Module 4: Non-bacterial food poisoning
- Module 5: Food contamination and its prevention
- Module 6: Personal hygiene
- Module 7: Food storage and temperature control
- Module 8: Food preservation
- Module 9: The working environment
- Module 10: Cleaning and disinfection
- Module 11: Common food pests and their control
- Module 12: HACCP and hazard analysis
- Module 13: Supervisory management
- Module 14: Legislation
Guaranteed to go ahead
Unlike other providers, we guarantee your booked course will go ahead, regardless of the number of spaces filled. This gives you peace of mind that your training needs will be met.