The CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) is an industry recognised course which demonstrates to delegates how to meet the demand for good health and safety management on site.
The course covers all relevant legislation affecting safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries. It highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures and adequate communication to sustain a health and safety culture within the workforce.
We recommend this course for site supervisors (with a minimum 3 years experience), site managers, project managers and contract managers. The interactive method of delivery of the course allows for discussion of the subject areas together with the development of risk assessments, methods statements and health and safety plans for construction activities.
Successful candidates will receive a CITB SMSTS certificate.
This course is delivered in partnership with STS Group Ltd.
For SMSTS refresher course, click here.
- Relevant H&S Legislation and ensuring compliance
- Recognising that a safe site is: Efficient, Economical and Productive
- Demonstrating skills to contractors and clients
- Identifying and avoiding potential hazards on site
- Preparing method statements, risk assessments and other statutory requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Measuring Health & Safety Performance