The Emergency First Aid at Work course is a 1-day course that covers many emergencies in the workplace giving learners a basic understanding of first aid.
The course is highly-interactive and gives delegates the hands-on experience to successfully deliver emergency first-aid at their place of work.
On successful completion of the course and assessment a delegate will receive an Emergency First Aid certificate valid for 3 years.
The choice between the Emergency First Aid at Work and First Aid at Work courses should be done in conjunction with a workplace risk assessment.
- Role and responsibilities of the first aider
- Assess an emergency situation safely
- Provide first aid for a casualty who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- Provide first aid for a casualty who is suffering a seizure
- Provide first aid for a casualty who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Be able to place AED pads correctly
- Understand how to provide first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
- Manage a casualty with a minor injury
- Recognise a casualty who is choking
- Manage a casualty with minor burns and scalds
Guaranteed to go ahead
Unlike other providers, we guarantee your booked course will go ahead, regardless of the number of spaces filled. This gives you peace of mind that your training needs will be met.
Dates & Locations
We have no public dates currently available for this course. If you would like us to deliver this course at your workplace, please contact us here.
"Mark is a fantastic instructor and I can't recommend him and his courses highly enough. The course we did had both written and practical aspects and he made it a really fun and informative day, giving us the skills and confidence we need to carry out first aid."