This one-day course is for those who have previously completed the Mental Health First Aid course. The course refreshes the knowledge gained on the two-day course, updates learners on any changes in legislation and best practise and is recommended to complete 3 years after the initial training.
Successful candidates will gain an updated certificate.
Please note: You must hold an existing Mental Health First Aid certificate to register for this course.
- Spotting the early signs and symptoms of mental ill health
- Starting a supportive conversation with a colleague who may be experiencing a mental health issue or emotional distress
- Listening to the person non-judgmentally
- Assessing the risk of suicide or self-harm
- Encouraging the person to access appropriate professional support or self-help
- Escalation to the appropriate emergency services when necessary
- Maintaining confidentiality as appropriate
- Completing critical incident documents
- Protecting yourself whilst performing the role
Dates & Locations
It is recommended that you complete a one-day refresher course every 3 years.
Yes. Here at Grow Training, we offer three different ways to learn - virtual classroom, e-learning and face-to-face classroom training. We can provide training Mental Health First Aid in Glasgow in person on a variety of dates across the year, so you can choose a time to meet your requirements.
The Mental Health First Aid Refresher course is delivered over one full day.
Here at Grow Training, we are flexible in the ways in which we can deliver training for Mental Health First Aid in Edinburgh, Glasgow and across the UK. You can choose from 3 methods - virtual classrooms, e-learning and face-to-face training. There is a big difference between e-learning and virtual classrooms; that being that virtual classroom training sessions are wholly interactive and led by a qualified trainer.
Yes. Here at Grow Training, we can provide face-to-face classroom training for Mental Health First Aid in Edinburgh.
Prices for our Mental Health First Aid courses vary dependent upon training option. Our virtual classroom starts at £150 for the refresher course and £195 for the full course.
Our face-to-face classroom starts at £195 for the refresher course and £245 for the full 2-day course.